Copper Alloy Forgings
Cerro’s niche for forging copper parts is low to midsize volumes for parts weighing up to 30 lbs., depending on the geometry of the part.
Copper forgings offer a number of advantages over other manufacturing processes. Forging adds superior mechanical and physical properties created by heat and pressure. Products manufactured from forged copper are able to withstand high temperatures and higher loads than other materials. They also perform well in high stress applications with lower failure rates than other materials. There is no porosity in the forging process.
Copper forging is a popular industrial application because of its electrical conductivity, malleability, heat, ductility, machinability and wear resistance.
Copper Forging Applications
Forged copper is widely used in the following fields:
- Chemical Industry
- Electronics including consumer electronics.
Products manufactured using copper alloys include:
- Electronic components / electrical connectors
- High temperature equipment fittings
- Refrigeration equipment
- Power plant applications
- Pump and valve components for high wear and corrosive environments
- Seals and gaskets for high wear, high temperature and corrosive environments
- Connectors, fittings and caps